- Stonegel is used to decrease moisture infiltration in porous masonry and concrete constructions without modifying the water vapor permeability.
- By reducing moisture absorption the materials are not as easily soiled and damage by acid rain is also limited.
- Stonegel is applied on brick, stone, silicate stone, concrete and cement plastering, roof tiles, etc… on the basis that these materials are sufficiently porous.
- The product is not suited to be applied on non-porous surfaces like blue stone, marble, glazed stone,…
- Stonegel is also not suited to be applied onto surfaces covered with organic paints. If applied to natural stone, the product may cause the surface to become darker or discoloured in places.
- As these effects may not be desirable, we do not recommend that you use this product on natural stone.
- Water-carried and ecologically sound, modified silane-siloxane mixture with a thixotropic character.
- Thanks to its gelatinous viscosity and as opposed to classic liquid impregnating agents, this product is spreadable.
- This property allows wall treatment to be focused on the treatment of porous surfaces without risking irrigation of non-porous parts.
- This way, thorough processing does not require protection of framework and glazing. Stonegel only having to be applied in one layer is an additional advantage.
- The product has a high penetration capacity, is alkali-proof, UV-proof and can be applied onto a slightly moist substrate.
- Under the influence of the substrate moistness or the air humidity,
- Stonegel polymerises into a non-adhering polysiloxane.
- The full moisture-proof properties are obtained within a period up to four months after treatment. In the initial phase in particular, Stonegel gives the treated surfaces a distinct “pearling” character.
- Powdery materials first must be treated with a stone hardener from our range Artisil SVS 75 or Artisil SVS 100.
|Processing:||Treatment is done using a brush, a lambskin roller or an airless spraying device.
The product is applied in one layer, taking into account the consumption needed.
|Consumption:||Depending on porosity and substrate 0,150 to 0,500 kg per square meter
- Concrete (silex) : +/- 0,15 kg/m²
- Architectonic concrete : +/- 0,20 kg/m²
- Brick : +/- 0,20 – 0,30 kg/m²
|Test reports:||WTCB – HD-340/133-140: influence on look, efficiency and drying|