- Gelifuge NEW is used to reduce the infiltration of moisture in porous masonry without significantly reducing water vapour permeability.
- Because of their reduced moisture absorption, the materials become dirty less quickly and any changes caused by acid rain are also limited.
- Can be applied onto bricks, sand-lime bricks, roof tiles, etc… on the basis that these materials are sufficiently porous.
- This product is not suitable for application on non-porous surfaces, such as natural blue stone, marble, glazed bricks, etc., or on surfaces covered with organic paint. If applied to natural stone, the product may cause the surface to become darker or discoloured in places.
- As these effects may not be desirable, we do not recommend that you use this product on natural stone.
- Gelifuge NEW is a blend of silane/siloxane. It is thixotropic.
- Because of its gelatinous viscosity, the product is very easy to spread onto surfaces.
- This means that porous parts of facades can be treated easily and without any risk of the product touching non-porous parts.
- Provided care is taken, it is not necessary to protect windows and glass panes.
- Another advantage of Gelifuge NEW is that it can be applied in a single coat, unlike conventional liquid products. Its high concentration and the fact that it comes in the form of a gel also mean that you have to apply smaller quantities than Gelifuge liquid products.
- The product has a high penetration capacity and is alkali/UV resistant.
- GELIFUGE NEW polymerises due to the moisture present in the surface or air, in order to form a tack-free polysiloxane with water repellent properties.
- The product becomes fully water repellent within four months of treatment.
- Especially in the early stages, Gelifuge NEW gives treated surfaces a visible “beaded” quality.
- Even after rapid weathering, Gelifuge NEW remains 100% effective on bricks
- Powdery materials first must be treated with a stone hardener from our range Artisil SVS 75 or Artisil SVS 100.
|Processing:||The treatment should be applied, using a brush, lambskin roller or airless pistol.
The required amount of the product should be applied in a single coat.
|Consumption:||Approx. 0,150 – 0,300 kg per square metre, depending on the porosity and nature of the surface.|
|Packaging:||4 kg, 18 kg|
|Test reports:||WTCB – DE 622X863N: influence on look, efficiency and drying|