Aquasil RS 8
- Aquasil RS 8 is used to decrease moisture infiltration in brickwork and natural stone without modifying the water vapor permeability.
- By reducing moisture absorption the materials are not as easily soiled and damage by acid rain is also limited.
- Apply on brick, stone, etc…. on the basis that these materials are sufficiently porous. The product is not suited to be applied on non-porous surfaces like blue stone, marble, glazed stone…
- Not suited to be applied onto surfaces covered with organic paints.
- Water based product and therefore causes no smell which possibly might arise when using solvent based products.
- Aquasil RS 8 is composed of oligomer siloxanes in an aqueous emulsion.
- Has 8% of active ingredients.
- The product has a high penetration capacity and a good resistance to alkali and UV rays and can be applied on a slightly damp substrate.
- Aquasil RS 8 polymerises with functional groups of the base to a non-adhering polysiloxane.
- Powdery materials first must be treated with a stone hardener from our range Artisil SVS 75 or Artisil SVS 100.
|Processing:||Treatment should preferably involve applying the liquid to the surface, under low pressure, in order to prevent any fogging or vaporisation of the product.|
The product should be applied from bottom to top, using horizontal back-and-forth movements, in order to apply approx. 20 cm strokes.
Two treatments should be conducted wet-on-wet.
|Consumption:||Between 0,25 ltr to over 1 ltr per square meter depending on the porosity. For an accurate estimate absorption tests with the Karsten pipe will be conducted.|
|Packaging:||25 ltr, 200 ltr, 1000 ltr|
|Test reports:||WTCB – DE 62-24632-17: influence on look, efficiency and drying|