Artisil SVS 75
- Impregnating product on the basis of ethyl silicic acid ester designed to harden powdery building materials without radically changing their characteristics
- All absorbent non-layered types of stone can be hardened such as:
- gravel-bound, clay-bound and limestone-bound sandstone (Balegem, Chauvigny, etc…)
- concrete and brick.
- Consisting of ethyl orthosilicate (=tetraethylorthosilicate: TEOS).
- One component.
- Dissolved in a solvent.
- The ethyl orthosilicate reacts with the water present in the stone, so that amorphous quartz (silicium dioxide) is formed, which acts as a new binding agent.
- Penetrates deep into the stone.
- Highly effective.
- Does not alter the stone’s appearance.
- Hardly affects water vapour permeability – if at all.
|Processing:||Artisil SVS 75 can be applied on a dry substrate by means of an airless gun, a low pressure pump or a brush.
The application should start at the top going downwards in horizontal zigzag movements ensuring that the product is applied in 10 - 20 cm runs.
Each treatment consists of several applications, wet on wet, with a gap of several minutes between each application.
Several treatments may be necessary, with a gap of at least 24 hours between treatments. Two weeks after the final treatment, the stone can be reshaped or painted. It is important to wait 24 hours before treating it with solvent-based water-repellent products. It is recommended that you wait 3 weeks before applying water-based preparations.
|Consumption:||Highly dependent of the type of stone, the porosity and the degree of weathering. Must be determined by a preliminary test. Practically the quantity to use can vary between 0,5 ltr and 4 ltr/m².|
|Packaging:||5 ltr, 25 ltr|