Rewasil 4 AVT
- Rewasil 4 AVT is used to reduce the infiltration of moisture into brickwork, without causing any significant changes to its water vapour permeability.
- Due to their reduced moisture absorption, the materials become soiled less quickly and the effects of acid rain are also limited.
- Can be applied to bricks provided these bricks to be sufficiently porous.
- This product is specially designed for façades with a high proportion of blue stone and/or glass, as it diminishes marks drastically, if it is spread with a brush before drying.
- Rewasil 4 AVT is a modified oligomeric siloxane of the methyl-ethoxy type, which is dissolved in aliphatic solvents.
- Contains 4% active substances. The product has a high penetration capacity and is highly resistant to alkalis, as well as UV rays.
- The product polymerises due to the moisture present in the surface or in the air, in order to form a dry and tack-free polymer.
|Processing:||Treatment should preferably involve applying the liquid to the surface, under low pressure, in order to prevent any fogging or vaporisation of the product. |
The product should be applied from bottom to top, using horizontal back-and-forth movements, in order to apply approx. 20 cm strokes.
Two treatments should be conducted wet-on-wet. You are advised to use a backpack sprayer or electric pump designed for this purpose, so that the product can be applied to the surface under constant pressure.
If the product comes into contact with dressed stone, blue stone, glass or other porous or non-porous materials, it should be spread over the surface using a brush, before it dries, in order to achieve an even distribution. This will prevent any marks from appearing after drying.
|Consumption:||Between 0,25 ltr and 1 ltr per square metre, depending on porosity. In order to assess how much product will be required, conduct absorption tests using a Karsten tube.|
|Test reports:||WTCB – DE REN-0010 N: influence on look, efficiency and drying|