Kalei Liscio 2
- Kalei Liscio 2 is a cement-free and colourable fine lime mortar, with a natural hydraulic lime base and mineral fillers.
- Can be used to add an authentic appearance and control moisture in internal and/or external walls.
- Kalei liscio 2 can also be applied as a thin primer coat.
- Traditional fine whitewash lime mortar.
- Cement-free and made from natural dry-mixed hydraulic lime combined with a range of mineral fillers.
- This lime mortar does not place any pressure on older construction materials and allows walls to breathe.
- When the required amount of clean mixing water is added to the powder, this creates a paste, which can be spread and, after drying, creates an authentic finish with the characteristic properties of a lime-based product.
- If desired, colour can be added to Kalei Liscio 2 in the mass using Kalei Liscio Colour Pigments at the place of use.
- The end result is a classic matt finish, characterised by the special colour nuances found in lime systems.
- If a uniform colour is desired, it is possible to add a finish using two coats of Tensiocoat from the Rewah Paint range.
- This matt finish is vapour–permeable, breathable and both water and dirt repellent.
- In addition, with Tensiocoat there is a virtually unlimited choice of colours. This complete Kalei Liscio 2 system, created using Tensiocoat, is vapour-permeable.
- The substrate should be mineral-based, homogeneous, sound (e.g. non-brittle), clean, free of suspect or loose materials and sufficiently porous.
- It must also provide the desired resistance and absorb water.
- Any problems caused by damp (rising damp or water seepage) must first be resolved in order to prevent frost damage.
- The substrate must not contain a large quantity of salts.
- Water-repellent substrates are not suitable for lime mortar coatings. Loose sealants must be removed.
- Any bricks that have become soft can first be hardened with two treatments of Artisil SVS 75, a product from the Rewah range.
- After using this treatment, wait 14 days before beginning to apply the lime mortar. In order to clean the substrate, we recommend that you use Rewanet, allowing it to act for at least 24 hours before cleaning with high-pressure water using a rotary head.
- We recommend that you use Decamur or Decastrip Max to strip painted surfaces.
- Always pre-moisten the substrate sufficiently, preferably the evening before by using a hose pipe, until the substrate is fully saturated with water.
- Highly porous substrates should be thoroughly pre-moistened.
- However, this is hardly necessary for less porous surfaces. In all cases, the substrate must be dry to the touch, before you begin to apply the lime mortar.
|Processing:||Read our technical data sheet.|
|Consumption:||In practice, the amount required depends on the condition of the substrate and can vary greatly. |
in case of 2 layers: total quantity to use is +/- 2,5 kg/m2
in case of 1 layer (p.ex. with 1 layer of Tensiocoat): +/- 1,5 kg/m²
|Drying time:||24 up to 48 hours, depending on climatic conditions|
|Colors:||The standard Kalei Liscio 2 colour is Naturel (old white) and can be coloured in the mass using the Kalei Liscio Colour Pigments. |
A colour chart of 110 colours is available.
|Packaging:||Kalei Liscio 2 : 25 kg |
Kale Liscio Colour Pigments : 400 gr
|Test reports:||KIK – D.2010.10719: Water vapour permeability|